Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Reviews and PreOrders! (The Summer I Turned Pretty, Blonde Date Reviews)

So sorry for the delay of posts... please forgive me!
I have been obsessed with getting a first draft of a story I am writing down on paper so that has been a big time occupant for me lately but now I am back and ready to talk books...


I have recently read "The Summer I Turned Pretty Series" by Jenny Han and thought it was a fun summer beach read. I also wondered if  I'm the only one who was #teamJeremiah the whole time... anyone? Bueller?
I digress... so yes if you're looking for an easy breezy summer read about first (and second) love you might find it in The Summer I Turned Pretty.
If you already read The Summer I Turned Pretty and enjoyed it, try checking out Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. It has a similar backdrop of a summer up at a lake but Second Chance Summer tells a story about second chances at both love and friendship with a sweet message of family as well.

The most exciting read I did this past week was Sarina Bowen's novella BLONDE DATE (The Ivy Years #2.5).
OMG.
I read this entire novella with a smile on my face. We first met Katie and Andy in Bowen's second book The Year We Hid Away, and we got a tiny glimpse of the premise of this novella in there as well, but I am so happy we got a bit more of them. I loved both of the preceding Ivy Series books but this novella has just became my favorite. Andy is the sweetest as he helps Katie deal with her embarrassment all while struggling with his own confidence issues, while we get to watch Katie come to terms with who she is and what she wants versus the expectations put upon her by others. I reread the story about three times already loving every bit of it just a little bit more each time. I WANT MORE Katie and Andy! *fingers crossed*
Go Read It! It's still only $0.99
Blonde Date (Barnes and Noble)
Blonde Date (Amazon)
Also included with the novella is the preview for Bowen's next book in the series The Understatement of the Year to be released in Fall 2014
I have my pre-order in already!
Series Order: 
#1 The Year We Fell Down
#2 The Year We Hid Away
#2.5 Blonde Date
#3 The Understatement of the Year (coming soon)


Speaking of pre orders....
Christina Lauren's anticipated Beautiful Beloved is available for preorder on Amazon and BN.com for only $0.99 (seriously that's less than a dollar people)
Available Feb 2015
Beautiful Beloved (Barnes and Nobel)
Beautiful Beloved (Amazon)


Still counting down the release of Colleen Hoover's Ugly Love and Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Heroes Are My Weakness !!! coming in August.

What I'm reading this week... We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and then If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Foreman... I'll let you know what I think of course!


HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment