Thursday, July 17, 2014

#THROWBACKTHURSDAY

Are you a rereader?

I most certainly am and I have several go to books that must be read every year (sometimes twice a year...okay do we really need to keep count?!).

One of my favorite rereadables (yes I made that word up)is Nicholas Sparks' The Rescue. This is easily my favorite book by him and one of the most overlooked...though I sincerely hope that they don't try and make a film version. It's a story of a chance encounter and the romance and heartbreak that ensues. For me, The Rescue stands apart from the rest of Sparks' novels, we have Denise a struggling single mom who has recently relocated and then there's Taylor, volunteer fireman with a past that he wears as a shield over his heart.
Check it out and let me know what you think!

I couldn't do a post about rereading books without mentioning my favorite Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I stumbled across one of her books (Nobody's Baby But Mine) in a library years ago... the rest, my booknerdian friends, is history. I have read (and own) every single book of hers and am currently awaiting her newest release Heroes Are My Weakness.
SEP writes some book in a series & some as standalones in which we get to glimpses of fave characters from past books- which I love because in my head they all exist in the same universe anyways. She has supplied a good chunk of my fave book boyfriends/husbands/lovers and some very near to heart strong women heroines that I like consider friends in my head.
Please check her out!
If you want a recommendation on which book you can start with then leave me a shout out in the comments and I'll help you out!


Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment