Thursday, September 4, 2014

PUDDLE JUMPING...5 Star Review!!

I am in the midst of a full on book hangover courtesy of PUDDLE JUMPING... wow. I'm still trying to find the exact way to show why I would not hesitate to give this book 6 out of 5 stars...

First let's go over the basics: 
Book Blurb: 
When it comes to love there’s no such thing as conventional.

Everyone thinks Colton Neely is special.

Lilly Evans just thinks he’s fascinating.

Once friends when they were younger, their bond is cut short due to her accident prone nature and they go their separate ways. Years later, they meet again and Lilly learns that there is something special about the boy she once knew, but she has no idea what it all means. And she’s not sure if she’s ready to find out.

When he walks through the corridor of her school the first day of her senior year, she knows that it’s time to get to know the real Colton Neely. The more she learns, the deeper she falls.

Their friendship grows into love, even as Colton does not express it in words. But one decision threatens to break down the world that Lilly has tried so hard to integrate into and she must figure out if the relationship can survive if they are apart.


Goodreads Link: Puddle Jumping

I would categorize this as a Mature YA/NA standalone novel. 

This Book Nerd Says: 
LOVE
      That's it. 


Okay I'll say more. 
You know those books that touch your heart, make you think all while making you laugh and cry. This book is one of those books. I seriously wanted to carry it around for the rest of the night as I contemplated when I was going to reread it only moments after I finished it. 
BEAUTIFUL. 
"It begins with a boy..."
With those five words of the prologue... I was hooked!
Now as you've come to know I'm a sucker for a good love story. This is a phenomenal love story. From the moment Lilly Grace Evans meets Colton Neely. The fact that Lilly's middle name is Grace, is both hilarious and ironic as she is the very definition of accident prone, something that defined their brief yet memorable relationship as children. 
                 Reunited during their last year of high school, Lilly is immediately fascinated by Colton Neely. Something not everyone around them understands... at least not at first. But she is drawn further and further into his world as she begins to discover that Colton is far more special than she ever anticipated. 
Thus begins their friendship...
FRIENDSHIP: A true friend is one soul in two bodies – Aristotle. ”

And I once read somewhere that Love is friendship set on fire... 

As their friendship evolves into love, Lilly and Colton have new challenges to face and even some decisions that ultimately bring their relationship into jeopardy. 

I could share some of my favorite book moments... or more of my favorite quotes... but to be realistic, I'd end up quoting the whole book. 
Just do yourself the favor and read it.  
The characters were phenomenally written. 
The story is short and sweet, but oh so powerful. 
I am now a new fan of Amber L. Johnson and cannot wait to read more of her books. I'm certain that Puddle Jumping will remain on the top of my MOST LOVED reads.


You can purchase it HERE!



HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment