Monday, September 29, 2014

REVIEW for Where We Fell by Amber L. Johnson

BOOK BLURB (courtesy of Goodreads)

Oliver Bishop is having a seriously bad day. With one diagnosis, his life suddenly has an expiration date. Confused by the numbness he feels upon hearing the news, he decides that he needs some time to come to terms with it. One decision to visit his favorite diner causes him to unwittingly put himself directly in the sights of a girl that just may give him a reason to fight - and to live.

Because there's a difference between living and just being alive.


Goodreads- Where We Fell









This Book Nerd Says: 

This is my second time reading anything by author Amber L. Johnson. My first read of hers was Puddle Jumping (if you missed my review you can check it out HERE ) but I thought it was a phenomenal story. one of my favorites of the year hands down. I have raved about it so much since reading, and I immediately felt like I became a fangirl. 
So I was both excited and a little nervous to read Where We Fell because it would be read in the shadow of my 6 star love for Puddle Jumping
Turns out I had no reason to be nervous. I knew I was going to completely love it before I was even halfway through the book. I don't know exactly how she (Amber Johnson) does it. This is another quick read, but somehow she packs in a story that is just so beautiful. She takes these more realistic situations and infuses them with charm, humor, and so much emotion. Once again I loved the characters from the first moment I met them until I closed the book. It was so refreshing to have these characters be so endearing. 
If you loved and adored John Green's Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters (TFIOS) as much as I did... I'm going to need you to meet Oliver Bishop and Hannah Hartwell. You are going to love them too. I promise.
I adored the natural banter between them starting from the moment they share a slice of Jesus pie. 
Oliver is finishing his senior year of highschool, on the cusp of the last summer break before going off to college when he gets news that changes all his plans... it changes his life. That day he goes to his favorite diner, orders his usual meal, and he meets a girl that teaches him about living even when you may be dying. 
BEAUTIFUL STORY. 

This my book nerd peeps is yet another favorite (in case you haven't figured that out yet haha) I'm going to have to give this one 4.5 Stars

Here is the link to check it out!
Amazon: Where We Fell


Hope you love it as much as I did!


HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment