Thursday, September 11, 2014

Review... Unlit Star



Book Blurb:

We are not guaranteed anything, not even this life.

Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star—bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different. 

He falls far and he falls hard. 

Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life's ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun. 

Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.





Goodreads LinkUnlit Star


This Book Nerd Says: 
Unlit Star tells the story of Rivers and Delilah. 
They never ran in the same social circles in high school, in fact it was some of those closest to Rivers that made it their daily mission to taunt Delilah for years. Delilah has a reputation for dishing it right back to them, uncaring what people think about her. While those around her thinks she's weird, she's keenly aware of her place in the greater scheme of things. 
Now high school is over and she decides to take a summer job that leads her to spending more time than ever with Rivers Young. 
Rivers is everything every all american guy would want to be, except when reality infiltrates his seemingly perfect world he crashes and no one around him seems to know how to help him. 
...except Delilah. 
She doesn't exactly know how to help him, but she's determined to do so. 
When Rivers pushes, she pushes right back. And before either of them know it they're both being pulled into wanting more. 
But this time more may be too difficult to give.


I went into this book fairly blind. I had it on my shelf but I didn't read any reviews before I actually started reading. 
Honestly for the first 30 % of the  book I struggled to keep reading. I thought about putting it aside for another time (which I almost never do). But it was at the same point that I was about to give up, it all changed for me. 
I fully lost myself in the witty and well written dialogue between Rivers and Delilah, smiling often on the screen. It was healing and heartwarming.
I try to keep all my reviews spoiler free so I won't give anything away about the turn around and when I started to have an inkling about the story. But I turned page after page from that point forward hoping for the book to end at a different point than I had a feeling it was going to. 
Be aware that while the story will touch your heart it's a sweet-bitter kind of ending versus the standard happily ever after.
Keep the tissues handy for this love story!

I gave this book FOUR Stars!






You can purchase at these links.

Amazon:  Unlit Star
  (only .99 for Kindle right now!)
Barnes & Noble: Unlit Star  (only .99 for NOOK right now!)


HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment