Friday, September 19, 2014

REVIEW.... Wrecked by Priscilla West

**I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Goodreads Book Blurb: 
“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?


Goodreads Link: Wrecked

This Book Nerd Says: 

Honestly I was a little wary before I began reading this book. I'm a fan of the college romance & I'm a fan of the athlete/fighter stories; The drawback to reading so many stories especially in the New Adult genre is that certain plot lines begin to feel redundant. 
I was pleasantly surprised that Wrecked actually kept me interested and even smiling at a few different occasions. 
Not so surprising is that we have the hot, tattooed & muscled bad boy fighter with a reputation in the cage and in the bedroom, who becomes intrigued with the girl who does not want a relationship. They quickly develop a blurred line friendship although Hunter makes it clear that he wants more. 

"To Snorrie and Gunther. May their friendship be filled with miscommunication and drama." 

Once they give in to their true desire it becomes an all consuming passion for each other. 
They both have their own secrets...private battles... and thus gives the story a twist that I honestly wasn't expecting. It something that gave this story an edge over the other "fighter stories" I've read previously. No spoilers...

"Maybe a little pain now is better than a lot of pain later..." 

The highlight of this story for me is Hunter. 
How could I not feel a little swoony over a six foot two, ripped brawler, with gorgeous eyes and a tender side that makes your heart flutter a bit? (Answer: I can't.)
Did I mention he kind of looks like Tom Hardy? **SWOON**
But even more than his looks is his personality. I loved what he brought to the story. He has a genuine sweet side that made him so endearing. 

The drawback for me unfortunately was Lorrie. 
*Sigh* I hate that I felt frustrated with her most of the story. The mixed signals and jealousy began to irk me just as much as they drove Hunter nuts. I get that she has her own baggage to deal with but I hate that she seemed to use that as her defense for the push/pull going on with Hunter. Some of her reactions were a little over the top as well. 
Though I might add that I did feel slightly more defensive of her towards the end of the book. 

Be aware this book does leave on a cliff hanger but because the second book is already available you don't have to wait too long to find out what happens next. 

I'm giving this book a solid 3.5 Stars


You can purchase WRECKED here: 
Amazon: Wrecked

Barnes & Noble: Wrecked


No comments:

Post a Comment