Tuesday, October 21, 2014

5 Star Review... Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Goodreads - Me Before You





This Book Nerd Says: 

When I picked up this book, I was familiar with the blurb, so it wasn't too much of a shocker when we figure out what Will is up to. 
That being said, I wasn't prepared for how much I would fall in love with both Lou and Will. OH GOSH HOW I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM. I couldn't but the book down and by the time I finished I was weeping and my heart felt so full. What a tremendous love story.

Louisa is a girl who thrives on the predictability of her life. She's worked at the same job for years, has had the same (lackluster) boyfriend for seven years, lives in the small cramped bedroom of her parents house, and has never left her small town. Suddenly the predictably is gone and Louisa is out of a job. 
After some trial and error, she accepts a job as a private caregiver to a 30 something quadriplegic named Will Traynor. 
Before his accident, Will lived a life full of adventure and travels. Now confined to spend his life in a wheelchair dependent on the care of others, he's certain that it is not the life he wants to live. But then Louisa Clark enters his life.  
Lou captured me almost immediately with her say anything and everything personality, her quirky fashion and her general cheekiness. Though Will is cranky and snarky, Louisa gives it right back to him in her own special way. I knew it would only be a matter of time before Will would be drawn to her. 
As we get glimpses of the old Will, it's easy to see that Lou would be falling in love with him. 
But falling in love with each other is not cohesive with Will's plans and Lou is soon desperate to convince him that it will be worth it.

My heart began swelling so much as they danced at the wedding but then when Louisa opened up her heart to him.... ::SOBS:: and I don't think I stopped crying until I sat down to write this review. A fresh wave is near the brink as I type. 
I truly enjoyed the story from start to finish and I loved the small windows of getting to see the story from Will's parents', Treena's, and Nathan's perspectives. It was just enough of a deviation from Lou's "voice" to really get you to see more than one side to the story, something I think is so essential in a story like this. 

5 STARS + a Kleenex alert!


No comments:

Post a Comment