Wednesday, November 12, 2014

5 STAR REVIEW....Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren



From the New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player, Book Two of the brand-new Wild Seasons series that started with Sweet Filthy Boy—a story of friends, love, and lust.

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by the Want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs.
 


Dirty Rowdy Thing










This Book Nerd Says: 

It feels like I'm always counting down to the next book from the writing powerhouse duo that is Christina Lauren. So imagine my booknerdian glee when my local bookstore had Dirty Rowdy Thing available for purchase a day early... glee = epic levels!
Now I had expected I was going to love this story since when I read the first book in the series- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) - Harlow and Finn stood out to me even in their secondary roles. Having them step  into their own story did not disappoint, in fact it took my expectations and blew them out of the water!

Harlow and Finn don't like each other. 
Both have clear opinions of how they view one another and both decide they can ignore those things as long as they spend their time together in the bedroom with their mouths doing anything else but talking to one another. What neither of them counted on was that their opinions of "real life Harlow and Finn" were dead wrong.  
Harlow is a fixer. She thrives on being able to fix the wrongs in her family and friends' lives, but when she has things go awful in her own life there doesn't seem to be anything she can do. The control she's used to is gone and underneath the smile and flirty facade, she feels like she's coming undone. 
Finn has come to town to take care of things. That's what he's always doing. The oldest of three sons, Finn has stepped up to take care  of things more than once. Now faced with the biggest threat to his family's legacy, he's in California to handle some serious business. What he didn't plan on was his Vegas ex-wife, being the thing he wants to take care of most. 

Before reading this story I just knew Finn was going to blow me out of the water and give my previous Christina Lauren book boyfriend, Will Sumner, some competition. Color me surprised when I quickly realized that Harlow was my favorite part of this book. 
I've always loved (and raved about) Christina Lauren's books because they give us so much more than just us great eye candy coated book boyfriends. These authors do such a fantastic job of creating STRONG, INTELLIGENT, DYNAMIC, and FUN female characters. I always walk away from the story wishing I could call them up and invite them out for a girls night. Harlow is on the top of this list now. There is something so genuinely endearing about her heart and sass.
So yes while I abso-freakin-lutely adore Finn, swooning over him and all that rugged manliness, it's Harlow Vega that makes this book a 5 Star read for me!
I think it goes without saying that I'm already counting down until I get my hands on the next one!


It's available now so get to it!
Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons #2) AMAZON

Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons #2) B&N



Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment