Friday, December 19, 2014

REVIEW... Natural Love by S. Cieli

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*


Book Blurb (Goodreads)
My whole life, I wanted one thing: to be the perfect son.
Growing up, I did everything my father required. Straight A’s in school. Perfect manners. I forced myself to live up to his standards--standards that pushed the Chadwick family name to the highest rungs of society.
Over the years, we climbed so high that my father hoped we’d never fall.
If only he’d been right. With each successful year, the Chadwick family skeletons grew bolder and darker. Every lie threatened to undo us.

The secret Avery Jackson and I shared was the worst one of all.

She was the one person I shouldn’t love--the one person I couldn’t love. But I did. I loved Avery Jackson. I wanted her, even though a romance with her threatened everything.

It all felt so natural.

And that was exactly the problem.



This Book Nerd Says: 

"Why did I have to fall in love with the one person I am not supposed to have?"
Spencer Chadwick is back  home after a 2 yr imposed stint in the peace corps and one of the first people to welcome him home is his stepsister Avery Jackson. The same stepsister who has seemingly grown even more beautiful than he last remembered. The story wastes almost no time in revealing that something happened before the accident that Chadwick caused, yet it takes the whole story to get the full picture. 
Spencer is desperate for his father's seemingly hard to earn approval. Now that he's home, he's determined to prove that he deserves to take his spot in his father's company and he doesn't want anything to compromise that. Problem is, the thing he wants even more than his father's approval was also the same thing that could ruin their family. 
But now that he's home... just down the hallway from his greatest temptation, he's trying to resist and quickly begins spiraling back down the path he already crashed on. The tension is palpable between them and eventually something has to give... or give in...


This is a story full of secrets and temptation and it kept me engaged from beginning to end. The thing that was a bit distracting for me though had to be that I kept growing wary of any potential relationship for Spencer and Avery (despite their great and tight knit bond) because of the serious red flags that appear almost from the very beginning. I don't want to talk to much about the issues both Spencer and Avery have because you will find out very plainly in the course of the story, and they do play a significant role in the story. Having said that though, I appreciated the way the author handled both situations in the end. When you read about serious issues it's nice to see those characters handle them in a proper realistic way, as opposed glossing over them to add an unnatural shine to the happily ever after. 

So all in all I decided to rate this book 3.5 stars!

Amazon: Natural Love
Barnes&Noble: Natural Love



No comments:

Post a Comment