Monday, December 29, 2014

REVIEW... The Science Of Attraction by Verity Jacobs

Kate Ramsey is at the top of her game.

She’s the hot new recruit at the most prestigious research institute in Germany, and she’s determined to live up to the hype — even if it means working day and night. Stress relief comes in the form of a no-nonsense affair with her neighbor, who also happens to be the director of the institute. Who says sex should be anything more than a contract between two people who have other things on their mind?

So when Tom Baker saunters into her life, Kate is understandably upset to see this well-oiled machine splutter and seize. Tom is young and smart, and far too pretty for his own good. Kate can’t help but be drawn to him, even if giving in to the attraction would mean risking everything she’s worked for.


Goodreads THE SCIENCE OF ATTRACTION



*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

If you have been following my blog these last few months you've probably come to realize a few things about me. 

  • I love a really smart, independent, and accomplished female MC. I like when they don't play the typical "damsel in distress" or naive route. I like them to have layers that make me want to continue reading just to get to know them. And if they make me want to be friends with them... BONUS POINTS.
  • I love a hot guy that's more than just a "hot guy". I won't disagree that a guy with abs is great, but a guy with brain to go with the brawn is downright hot.
  • I like really intriguing secondary characters.
  • I like a story that's outside of the box. There's countless stories about rock stars, athletes, fighters, & bad boys and sometimes you just want something that's fresh and unique. 
I say this because all of the above were definitely found as I read The Science Of AttractionThe sexual tension between Kate and Tom is almost tangible from the very moment they meet, which gives such a steamy buildup that had me eager for them both to finally just give in to it already! It wasn't unnecessarily long and drawn out though which was such a relief. The entire span of them fighting and ultimately giving in felt natural. There was humor and genuine humanness that made Kate so relatable to me. I loved the moments where she let her hair down and had fun with everyone because in those moments I think we got the real picture of who Kate was. 

I know it's mentioned that Kate has a secret "relationship" with her boss but please let me reassure you this is not a tangled weave of a love triangle. 
The only thing I disliked about how Kate dealt with her relationship and her non-relationship was this:  
Kate is an intelligent strong character and I only wished she would have taken more initiative (and been a little more assertive) in the confrontation between her and Rob (the boss).  Oh Rob... 
I don't want to say much about Rob because I don't like Rob. I say that with the fondest commendation for his stellar role as the book's bad guy. I did have some suspicions about him, but I'm happy to report that I was genuinely surprised by him and the story developments. And that's all I'll say about that. 

I do wish we would have gotten a bit more information about Tom's family and his life before coming to Germany. I mean we get a few glimpses at Kate's hilarious sister and her supportive parents but just a tiny snapshot of Tom's family life. It is somewhat of a compliment as I think my desire to know more about him is a reflection of how much I adored him though. I mean, for serious, Tom is some serious book boyfriend material. 

On one last note...
At the end of reading I was very happily surprised to see a short sneak peek at the next book in the series. All throughout the story I was loving  Tek and Margot... so I'm was pretty giddy to see Margot's name again. 

The story is fun, hot, steamy, hot, witty, hot, and fun! (did I mention hot and fun?) It wasn't a heavy read and I enjoyed it on a quiet evening with a cup of tea... and a little ice water. 
I am giving this book a solid 4 Stars!
I was very pleased I was asked to give this one a read!

Amazon: The Science Of Attraction
Barnes & Noble: The Science Of Attraction

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment