Monday, March 30, 2015

BLOG TOUR + REVIEW ... The Music Of Temptation by Verity Jacobs









Margot Duke can’t keep her long-distance relationship alive any more than she can the cells that are supposed to be taking center stage in her PhD thesis. Both seem to be suffering an inexplicably long and drawn-out death, and she’s spent more than enough time fretting about it, without any solution in sight.

It figures that the one day she chooses to pack it all in and stop caring is the day she meets Jonathan Young.

Jonathan swings through town with his band, just long enough to knock Margot off her feet, and leave her feeling a little giddy in his wake. The encounter proves once and for all that her inter-continental love affair is over, but can she really stomach the idea of starting another one right on its heels? And with the darling of the indie rock world at that? 





Buy Links:









*I received a copy of this book for participation in this blog tour*




This Book Nerd Says: 

This is the second book I've read by this author (the first being The Science Of Attraction ) and I have confirmed that Verity Jacobs sure knows how to write a leading man. I'll get back to that in a moment though... 
The Music Of Temptation is all about Margot Duke. We know Margot from Kate's lab in Science however this story can be read as a standalone.  She is working on her thesis and determined to keep the cells she's studying alive, meanwhile her long time long distance relationship is just waiting for someone to call 'time of death' on it. In her struggles to end the relationship she gives herself a reprieve and heads out to see her new favorite band perform for the first time ever. 
And that's the night she crosses paths with Jonathan Young. 

Something was seriously wrong here. Or seriously right

Jonathan met all my rock star expectations and then he took things a step further. Jonathan is not only a gorgeous front man and lead singer in an on the rise band touring through Europe... he's also a very sweet guy who doesn't just acknowledge Margot's intelligence, he genuinely appreciates it. I've said in my previous review of Jacob's writing that I love a hot guy that's more than just a "hot guy". In Jonathan's case, he has a genuine heart that makes it hard not to get the flutters going. Translating his feeling into his music gives us a glimpse at the true heart and soul of his character and it definitely didn't leave me disappointed.

I like a story that's outside of the box. I know what you might be thinking but this isn't just musician meets quiet girl. On paper Jonathan and Margot would not likely be the perfect pair. She spends her days in the lab while he spends his nights playing for his fans. Opposites... maybe. But then again you know they say opposites attract, and for these two the chemistry is palpable from the start.

Once again Jacobs has given us an intelligent female MC. In full honesty I had some fears about Margot... as her feelings for Jonathan grew I continually found myself warning her not to lose sight of who she was because of a guy. I had these little nagging insta-love fears that I hated having because I couldn't let myself fully fall into the story right away. But Margot made me proud... 
I thoroughly enjoyed the story and read it all in one sitting. I felt like it was a steady rise from beginning to end. As I looked over my little notes and thoughts my rating was about 3.5 stars but the last three chapters... ahhhh! I wanted to give that one a big ole gold sticker. 


#jonathanlovesmargot

Those feels....
Ah. Loved it. 


About Verity Jacobs:
Verity Jacobs is a reformed scientist, who left the lab when she fell in love with writing about love. She lives with her husband and baby girl in London, where she dreams by day and writes all night long. She is addicted to the heart flutters and stomach flips of the fictional romance world.




a Rafflecopter giveaway




About THE SCIENCE OF ATTRACTION:
Kate Ramsey is at the top of her game.

She’s the hot new recruit at the most prestigious research institute in Germany, and she’s determined to live up to the hype — even if it means working day and night. Stress relief comes in the form of a no-nonsense affair with her neighbor, who also happens to be the director of the institute. Who says sex should be anything more than a contract between two people who have other things on their mind?

So when Tom Baker saunters into her life, Kate is understandably upset to see this well-oiled machine splutter and seize. Tom is young and smart, and far too pretty for his own good. Kate can’t help but be drawn to him, even if giving in to the attraction would mean risking everything she’s worked for. 


Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment