Friday, March 27, 2015

REVIEW... Just A Little Flirt by Renita Pizzitola

Saying yes has always come easy for Fallon. Now, in Renita Pizzitola’s steamy, poignant new novel, winning her dream job means saying no to the guy she wants the most.

Between all the parties and random hook-ups, Fallon Carr is this close to flunking out of college. But her internship working with pediatric patients means the world to her—especially since, at the end of the summer, one lucky intern will be offered a paid position. Determined to leave her bad reputation behind, Fallon even takes a bet that she won’t sleep with anyone from work. But there’s one little catch. . . .

Not only is Cade Ryan the hottest guy Fallon has ever laid eyes on, he’s a therapy dog handler who volunteers his time to visit kids at the hospital. So when he starts pursuing her, Fallon can’t believe her bad timing. The thing is, Cade is different. He’s not like the college guys who see her as a one-night stand, or the high-school boyfriend who took a part of her she can never get back. Cade genuinely wants to spend time with her—and not just between the sheets.

Fallon won’t let her growing feelings for Cade get in the way of her dreams. Besides, no guy can break down the walls she put up long ago. So what’s the harm in a little flirting? It’s not like she’s falling in love. But she may have seriously underestimated how complicated things can get when the perfect guy falls for her first.



*I received a copy of this book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 
This is the second book in the CRUSH series by Renita Pizzitola. I had stumbled across the first book and absolutely loved it and the great characters. I pointed out in my review of Just A Little Crush that there was a standout in the book for me and that just happened to be Fallon. When I found out that Fallon was getting her own book in Just A Little Flirt, I couldn't help but put this on my anticipated reads list. 
The anticipation and the wait were totally worth it. 


"I was the girl guys took to bed, but never home. The one who made them feel good for a moment, but never a lifetime." 

Fallon is a party girl with a reputation due to her fondness for hook ups. After her grades drop, she is determined to turn it all around starting with the internship she's landed in the pediatric department of the hospital. Determined to keep her reputation in her past she makes a friendly bet that she'll avoid sleeping with anyone from her job. 
But then she meets Cade Ryan. Cade, also a volunteer at the hospital, pursues Fallon determined to win a chance with her. But unlike all the other guys Fallon is used to, Cade is less interested in getting into her pants and more interested in getting hold of her heart. 

"The only thing I've ignored is the desire to give in to this." 

I walked into this book pretty sure I was going to love Fallon,  then I got to see the layers I already expected her to have and my feelings soared. Fallon uses her flirty reputation as a shield for her heart, and keeps the baggage from her past as a wall to keep guys at a distance. That didn't stop me though. I loved her "say what's on her mind" attitude coupled with the vulnerability that she tries to hide. 
Speaking of love... Cade Ryan. 
I am fairly certain that if you look up book boyfriend, you'll find Cade Ryan listed. There's a certain type of guy who can pull off adorable and sexy at the same time and Cade is definitely one of those guys! I'm pretty sure he had me swooning almost the entire book. His persistent efforts in attempting to get to know Fallon were sweet, but it was the patience he shows her... the reassurance he provides... that took hold of my heart. 

As I mentioned before this is the second book in the CRUSH series but it can totally be read as a standalone. I am fairly certain I would have loved it either way but having the extra background knowledge of Brinley, Ryder, and Warren, made those bonus moments with them extra sweet. While the story is told from Fallon's POV, I was very pleasantly surprised to read the epilogue, but that's all I'm going to say about that *wink wink*. 
Renita Pizzitola definitely has a great ability of crafting awesome characters that always make my list of characters I would love to hang out with in real life. I without a doubt would recommend these books for those who love a good college love story. 

I am giving Just A Little Flirt 4.5 Stars and I cannot wait to check out the next one!





Just A Little Flirt is set to be released March 31st but you can preorder it here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment