Wednesday, April 8, 2015

5 STAR REVIEW... The Deal by Elle Kennedy









She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 


Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him. 


The Deal GOODREADS

This Book Nerd Says: 
My first thought when I started reading this book was "WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO READ THIS ONE?!" 
I'll admit this one sat on my shelf for a bit after it's release before I decided to start reading it. My only consolation when I finished is that I was slightly closer to the next book in the series being released than I would have been had I not waited. 
I'm keeping this review somewhat brief and to the point so I'll just run through a few of my favorite things about this story. 
1. Garrett Graham is everything. 
He is funny and snarky, with the perfect balance of Alpha and vulnerability. Did you catch the part about him being a gorgeous hockey player? Like I said everything. When he realizes the truth of his feelings he doesn't play around and when he gets what he wants... he fights like hell to make sure he doesn't lose it. I think it's safe to safe I cleared some space on the very top of my book boyfriend list just for Garrett (...and his friends- let's be real). 
2. Hannah (not with an M). 
Hannah is the embodiment of what I love in a female MC. She has her own goals and the dedication to meet them despite the obstacles in her way. She has the emotional scars of the past but she is more focused on her future. She is sarcastic and witty, which stole my heart. She has her eyes on the star of the football team... and never expects to fall for the captain of the hockey team. 
3. All the characters. 
If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know I have a thing for the secondary characters. The Deal provided me with one of the best "supporting cast" I've read in a while and I am clapping my hands in excitement that this is only book one and that we get to meet the others in more depth later. If the character development of Garrett and Hannah in the The Deal is any indication of what we're going to get in further books. I'll be a happy book nerd. 
I said I was keeping this brief but I'm definitely a new fan of Elle Kennedy and the Off Campus Series probably just became one of my favorites. If you love college romances and athletes... you will not be disappointed. It's available now so you don't have to wait... just one click!
I'll be over here eagerly awaiting the release of The Mistake (Off Campus #2)

5+ Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment