Monday, May 25, 2015

REVIEW... The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel

From the author of the international bestseller The Sweetness of Forgetting, named one of the Best Books of Summer 2012 by Marie Clairemagazine, comes a captivating novel about the struggle to overcome the past when our memories refuse to be forgotten.

In this richly told story where Sliding Doors meets P.S. I Love You, Kristin Harmel weaves a heart-wrenching tale that asks: what does it take to move forward in life without forgetting the past?

After her husband's sudden death over ten years ago, Kate Waithman never expected to be lucky enough to find another love of her life. But now she's planning her second walk down the aisle to a perfectly nice man. So why isn't she more excited?

At first, Kate blames her lack of sleep on stress. But when she starts seeing Patrick, her late husband, in her dreams, she begins to wonder if she's really ready to move on. Is Patrick trying to tell her something? Attempting to navigate between dreams and reality, Kate must uncover her husband's hidden message. Her quest leads her to a sign language class and into the New York City foster system, where she finds rewards greater than she could have imagined.


The Life Intended GOODREADS
Buy The Life Intended on AMAZON
Buy The Life Intended from Barnes & Noble



This Book Nerd Says: 
I found this book through a fellow blogger's recommendation and thought I'd check it out. I am very happy I did. I don't think you need much more of a synopsis than what's already given so I am not going to go too much further into that. What I will say is that The Life Intended is a story about Love After Life... it's also a story about Life After Love. The majority of this book is set nearly a dozen years after Kate loses her husband Patrick unexpectedly. Now as she's set to plan a wedding to another man, Patrick is back and this time she needs to figure if she can let him go for real this time. 
Patrick's reappearance in her life stirs up a bunch of questions in Kate's mind and heart. Suddenly everything she thought she knew is uncertain, and the things she never expected to want are becoming her heart's truest desires. 
Now sometimes I have this habit of figuring out the mystery and twists along the way. I can honestly say I didn't do that with this one. Maybe because this story had me focused on Kate's self discovery and grieving process that I kind of forgot about any twist to come. Needless to say the ending was a little surprising. I would even say it was perfect... was it a little too perfect? Maybe. But after the life Kate has lived, I didn't mind it so much. 
Would I tell you to read this? Yeah I would. Know that you may strongly dislike some characters because I definitely did, but then again that's the point. You are going to root for your favorites. But you're also going to read a story that parallels life in so many beautiful ways. It's not only touching but the author keeps the story free of any raunch if that's how you like to keep your reads.

I'm keeping this one short and giving it a recommendation with 4 Stars
Hope you enjoy it if you give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment