Saturday, June 6, 2015

REVIEW... Pressure Point by Olivia Luck

I know what you’re thinking. It’s unconventional to want a man nine years older than you. It’s inconvenient to crush on your dearest friend’s older brother. It’s silly to pine after a man for six years. It’s cliché to lust after a celebrity. It’s pathetic to fall in love with a man who barely knows you exist.

I know what you’re thinking because I’ve thought it all, too. And yet that hasn’t stopped me from wanting Blake Campbell. Charming, gorgeous, brilliant, kind, selfless – Blake is everything I’ve ever wanted, but he doesn’t see me that way. In fact, he hardly noticed me until one night.

Traumatic events brought us together for the first time, but then he tossed me aside. I know it’s irrational, but I wanted him up until the moment he left me lying there alone.

When his eyes finally open and he finds out I’ve left, will it be too late?

Note: Pressure Point is a standalone novel, though characters from New Point make appearances.
 


Pressure Point on GOODREADS

Buy Pressure Point on AMAZON


This Book Nerd Says: 
Pressure Point is a standalone novel in a series of interconnected characters. New Point and Pressure Point are available now for purchase. The third is Point of No Return and is set to release later this month. I came across Pressure Point when I saw it was on sale and the blurb caught my interest so I quickly one-clicked it and threw it on my TBR pile. 
I am happy I did so. I loved that this story took the love at first sight idea and complicated it by various situations... namely reality. It's a tale of love deferred. 

"In my mind, the moment that I met him was flawless. Except, reality had a different idea. Because when I found the man destined to be mine, he hardly took a second look." 

I think that line right there is what hooked me into the story. I mean there's something about the unrequited love theme that touches a spot in a lot of us. Now change it up and add in the off-limit sibling of a friend theme and that turns it up a notch. Pressure Point did a great job at developing the steamy simmer between Stella and Blake until they came to a full boil. 

"Because I'm done denying what's been calling out to me for years."

Now as much as I enjoyed their relationship evolution, it wasn't my fave part of the book. 
The secondary characters (those of you who guessed it... 1000 awesome points for you!). 
I've talked about my love of great secondary characters numerous times at this point, so it's probably not a surprise that I look for that feature in any read. Pressure Point is full of some fabulous ones. 
Zoe is one that is front and center, she plays a pivotal role in the entire book even when she's not physically present among our MCs. Now I found out after I read this book that Zoe's story is told in full depth in New Point, so of course I hadn't read it prior to this book, if I had a chance I'd definitely read it but I wouldn't say it's necessary to read it before starting Pressure Point
Still, Zoe wasn't my FAVE... there's a handful of characters that seemed to capture my attention and I wanted more. Violet, Max, Dominic, and Cam... oh Cam!... were the ones that I fell for the most...

Just be aware that while Pressure Point doesn't end in a definitive cliffhanger, you will be left needing something more after THE END. I immediately added Point of No Return to my TBR and will be grabbing it as soon as it's available!

I kept juggling my star rating between 3.5 and 4 Stars... so I'm just going to call this one a 4!

If you check it out let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment