Wednesday, July 1, 2015

6+ STAR REVIEW... Chasing River by K.A. Tucker

Armed with two years' worth of savings and the need to experience life outside the bubble of her Oregon small town, twenty-five-year old Amber Welles is prepared for anything. Except dying in Dublin. Had it not been for the bravery of a stranger, she might have. But he takes off before she has the chance to offer her gratitude. 

Twenty-four-year-old River Delaney is rattled. No one was supposed to get hurt. But then that American tourist showed up. He couldn't let her die, but he also couldn't risk being identified at the scene—so, he ran. Back to his everyday life of running his family’s pub. Only, everyday life is getting more and more complicated, thanks to his brother, Aengus, and his criminal associations. When the American girl tracks River down, he quickly realizes how much he likes her, how wrong she is for him. And how dangerous it is to have her around. Chasing her off would be the smart move. 

Maybe it's because he saved her life, or maybe it's because he's completely different from everything she's left behind, but Amber finds herself chasing after River Delaney. Amber isn’t the kind of girl to chase after anyone. 

And River isn't the kind of guy she'd want to catch.


Chasing River GOODREADS

Pre-Order Chasing River on Amazon
Pre-Order Chasing River from Barnes and Noble


*I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

Ah. 
This book. 
I started reading this book and at just 5% into the book Chasing River went from a potential 5 Star Book to a definite 5 Star book. If I thought it wasn't going to get any better... at about 40% it became a 6+ Star book... and my new top favorite K.A. Tucker book. Seriously folks, it happened *that fast*. I was pulled into the story and held captive until the last word, putting it down just wasn't an option for me.

I'm not going to talk too much about the plot because in my opinion the synopsis pretty much lays out all you need to know before you start the book. We know Amber as the twin sister of Jesse from Burying Water. While I'm sure you *could* read this book without reading the preceding two books (Burying Water and Becoming Rain) I would strongly suggest that you read them in order to get the full picture. Plus there are several overlapping story lines and mentions and I think something would be lost if you didn't understand the supporting characters before delving into Amber and River's story. 
Speaking of River...  
River Delaney... it's been about two days since I've read this book and I still can't come up with a truly coherent thought to express how much I love River. I'm sure that's bound to make this an interesting review. River is all the stuff that book boyfriend dreams are made of. I love this character so much, in fact it's River's POVs that made this book something truly special. And then there's the accent. SWOON.
Getting to know Amber's character was definitely refreshing as well. I'm not sure what I expected but she was a surprise and a good one. Her decision to leave her small town and travel is spurred on by a clear desire to discover who she is, who she wants to be... to Carpe Diem for once. I really liked that she sets her mind to do it and she sticks to it, despite the ones who question her decision. It's something that becomes one of my favorite qualities about her. Amber is not only beautiful, she's smart... and she makes good judgement calls even as she's learning to take chances. Her relationship with Alex is another standout feature from this part of the series that I'm so thrilled we got the chance to see. 

A love story intertwined with a suspenseful thread of danger that this series has been masterful at executing.

There isn't one negative moment I can think of in the entire book and I truly mean that. Looking back through my notes and highlights, there's so much more I wish I could talk and gush over but as I write this review it's still early May and this book is set to release July 7th 2015... 

So again... 6+ Stars making this my fave of this series and by this author so far!



Burying Water Review
Becoming Rain Review
Cover Reveal and Synopsis for Surviving Ice (#4)

No comments:

Post a Comment