Wednesday, July 15, 2015

REVIEW... Just A Little Kiss by Renita Pizzitola

In the sizzling new novel of Renita Pizzitola’s Crush series, Felicity knows that “Summer Boys” are only good for one thing. But what if hooking up with the right guy could lead to a fresh start?

Like most of the residents of her dead-end beach town, Felicity Daniels doesn’t know what she wants from her future. Instead of college, she’s waiting tables at the local grille where she’s more likely to run into the guy who was the love of her life—until one decision changed everything. Now as this year’s tourist season kicks in to high gear, Felicity realizes that whatever she wants isn't going to be found here.

Mason Hayes is the quintessential Summer Boy: hot, impulsive, and born without strings attached. While in town helping with the family fishing charter, he plans to have a little fun—and hopefully get over a certain girl. He’s never had a long-term relationship, but when he meets Felicity, he wonders if he’s found the girl who could change that.

With her heart still in repair, Felicity’s happy to have a distraction like Mason, but her best friend thinks he could also be her ticket out of this town. What’s the harm in using him to escape more than just her boredom? After all, he is just a Summer Boy, and they never stick around. But after one kiss, Felicity wonders if only one summer with Mason will ever really be enough.


Just A Little Kiss GOODREADS


*ARC received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

I was very pleased to get a chance to read and review this book as an ARC especially since I had read and loved the first two books in the series (Just A Little Crush and Just A Little Flirt). Now in all honesty after the first two books I wasn't so sure that I liked Mason. This book definitely changed my opinion though. I can say without pause or hesitation that Mason is my favorite part of this book from start to finish. His character brought the humor, sincerity,  romantic gestures that I didn't even see coming, and maybe cause I wasn't comparing him to Ryder for the first time- he brought the sexy. 
I went from not sure if I liked him to kinda sorta definitely loving him. 

There was only one thing that kept this from being a four star book for me. Unfortunately it was kind of a biggie... Felicity. 
Getting to know her situation made me feel for her. She's recovering from a broken heart, which is hard to do in a town full of people who all seem to know her business or make it their business to "protect" her. She knows she doesn't want to stay there forever, she knows she wants more... but that's where her certainty kind of ends. As much as I felt for her situation, her character did a little too much wishy-washy wobbling for my liking. 

Maybe that made me appreciate Mason's character more, his patience for her seemed rather endless and even when it seemed like he'd reach his limits... I didn't blame him at all. 

Beyond Mason, I really enjoyed the background story between the secondary characters. At the end I wished we'd gotten something (a sign of resolution, closure...hope for progression) more about them. Isla seems to be the friend we all love to have and I wanted more of her. Then there's Mason's cousin Colby who gave me the impression that his story had a lot more going on then we got to see. I'm not sure if there's another coming story in this series but I'd love to see it focus on them. 

All in all, it was a fun read and I gave it 3.5 stars!

It releases next month so make sure you add it to your TBR!

No comments:

Post a Comment