Monday, August 17, 2015

BLOG TOUR REVIEW... Conscience by Cecilia London

ConscienceTour


Publication Date: August 17, 2015 


Tour: Conscience by Cecilia London


An escape plan foiled….
A determined woman…. One last tiny sliver of hope…. Jack will find me. The Fed wants answers. And Caroline is determined not to provide them. They pull out all the stops, testing her sanity, testing her strength, testing her humanity. Jack will find me. Subject to cruel and merciless treatment at the hands of a government she once trusted, Caroline clings to her sole lifeline, her only chance at maintaining her tenuous hold on reality: her memories of her husband, Jack, her children, Marguerite and Sophie, and the friends who mean the world to her. Jack will find me. But what happens when hope starts to fade? How long until her interrogators cross over into the unspeakable sadism she fears ? How long before she finally breaks apart? Part Two of a Six Part Saga. Conscience (approximately 115,000 words) is not a standalone and must be read after the first book in the Bellator Saga, Dissident. All books in the series end in a cliffhanger. For readers 18+. This book contains adult situations including graphic violence, explicit (consensual) sex and light BDSM, psychological and physical trauma, and an oftentimes raw, dark, and gritty plot.
Add to Goodreads



Tour: Dissident by Cecilia LondonRead for FREE
AmazonNookKoboiBooksSmashwords
She once was important. Now she’s considered dangerous.
In a new America where almost no one can be trusted, Caroline lies unconscious in a government hospital as others decide her fate. She is a political dissident, wanted for questioning by a brutal regime that has come to power in a shockingly easy way. As she recovers from her injuries, all she has are her memories. And once she wakes up, they may not matter anymore. Dissident is a blend of romantic suspense, contemporary romance, political thriller, and speculative fiction. Told mostly in flashback, it details the budding romantic relationship between our heroine, Caroline, and Jack, the silver fox playboy who tries to win her heart. Part One of a Six Part Series. Each part is a full length novel between 60,000-120,000 words and ends in a cliffhanger. For readers 18+. This saga contains adult situations, including non-gratuitous violence, explicit (consensual) sex, psychological and physical trauma, and an oftentimes dark and gritty plot (particularly in part two).
Add to Goodreads





*ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

I was very eager to get my chance to read Conscience especially with the way the very first book in this series DISSIDENT had left off. If you're new to the series or want a reminder of my thoughts feel free to click over here and check it out.
Now let's jump into talking about Conscience. When I received this book it came with the warning that it was going to get darker and smuttier than book one but to have no fear it would be worth it.
Cutting to the chase... IT WAS.
Let me explain something, I'm not a massive erotica/smut junkie, meaning that it's not a genre I actively seek out. But I also don't discount a book because of the label either. Conscience is one of those books that add to reasons why... because of the story.
 The story is strong and never watered down and I continue to find the story unique among the genre and I appreciate London's bold choices.

Coming into this book I already had the feeling that we were going to get less Jack. Don't get me wrong we still got plenty of him, but I'm fairly certain anyone who reads this series will always want more Jack. Now this might have been a problem for any other story but Conscience has a secret weapon... Caroline.
I knew I liked Caroline from everything we saw from her in Dissident, but in Conscience, Caroline shows us her true grit (Gosh does she ever?). Picking up right where Dissident left us off, we get to see her go through every kind of pain imaginable... physical, emotional, mental distress. Throughout the rest of Conscience, Caroline's strength becomes almost tangible as it leapt off the pages and gripped my heart. She is a character that is made of some of the very best stuff and that is my absolute favorite part of this story. 

So yeah about those labels...
Yeah it's dark.
Yeah it's bold... but it's powerful in your face strength that hops off the page and gets under your skin. 
So yeah there's Jack... but Conscience is all Caroline as far as I'm concerned.

For about 70% of the book this was a very solid 4 star read for me. While Dissident was a slow burn kind of read, I feel that Conscience was all about the puzzle pieces. It was a bit of a slower read for me so I tried to take my time and collect all the clues or inklings of foreshadowing of 'whodunit'. 
But then the real ride began. For the last chunk of the book it was a rollercoaster of feels as things began happening left and right and emotions were pretty much on a collision course with each other. I felt every thing version of anger, sadness, and guttural outcries of "NO!"

**please note you will end on a bit of a cliff hanger so don't say I didn't warn you lol**


Want to win? Make sure you enter the giveaway!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About Cecilia London

Cecilia is my pen name. I may or may not live in San Antonio, Texas. I've been known to apply quotes from 'The Simpsons' to everyday life. I live for baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment