Wednesday, August 5, 2015

REVIEW... Brown Eyed Girl by Lisa Kleypas

Wedding planner Avery Crosslin may be a rising star in Houston society, but she doesn't believe in love--at least not for herself. When she meets wealthy bachelor Joe Travis and mistakes him for a wedding photographer, she has no intention of letting him sweep her off her feet. But Joe is a man who goes after what he wants, and Avery can't resist the temptation of a sexy southern charmer and a hot summer evening.

After a one night stand, however, Avery is determined to keep it from happening again. A man like Joe can only mean trouble for a woman like her, and she can't afford distractions. She's been hired to plan the wedding of the year--a make-or-break event.

But complications start piling up fast, putting the wedding in jeopardy, especially when shocking secrets of the bride come to light. And as Joe makes it clear that he's not going to give up easily, Avery is forced to confront the insecurities and beliefs that stem from a past she would do anything to forget.

The situation reaches a breaking point, and Avery faces the toughest choice of her life. Only by putting her career on the line and risking everything--including her well-guarded heart--will she find out what matters most.



*I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*



This Book Nerd Says: 

I read this book as a complete standalone having not read any of the preceding TRAVIS family books. Having said that it was a perfect standalone. I found it to be fully refreshing and I was left with a full smile on my face. 

Avery Crosslin is a wedding planner with a growing reputation for being one of the best. Deadset against the idea of falling in love, finding it hard to believe in the fairy tale for herself when she meets Joe Travis, his reputation coupled with his last names has her reinforcing her walls even more than normal. I don't think any woman could properly prepare themselves for how fully charming Joe Travis is though and Avery quickly realizes the losing battle. 

I found Avery to be such a "girls gal" meaning I found her to be fun and relatable and I loved her from beginning to end. Her relationship with her sister Sophia was one of my main highlights of the book and I found it to be such a standout feature that really helps us uncover the true reasons behind Avery's reluctance so I am so happy that we got to see that relationship just as much as we got to see her and Joe's growth. 

Joe...
Joe. Joe. Joe. I'm not quite what to say about Joe. He isn't book boyfriend material because Joe Travis is all man. There isn't one quality I would change about him- he was absolutely dreamy from page one through the end. His patience and determination to win over Avery is something swoon worthy and I was happy to see that he never had any immaturity glitches. 

If you're in the mood for a sweet love story then make sure you add this one to your TBR list and check it out when it releases next week. I am pretty certain that you won't be disappointed. As for me... I'm going to hunt down the other three books in the series to get some more of that Travis family charm. 

I am giving Brown-Eyed Girl 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment