Friday, September 11, 2015

SPOTLIGHT REVIEW... Hitting To Win (Over The Fence #2) by Carrie Aarons



After a lifetime of neglect and sorrow, Miles Farriston has hit rock bottom after his lying ex-girlfriend proves that no one in his life sticks around. On the outs with his friends, in jeopardy of losing his baseball career and this close to getting kicked out of Kappa Eta Sigma, Miles is forced to compete in the Greek Life dance competition. What he didn't bank on was getting bright, cheery Chloe Trabucco as a partner.

Ballet, friends and her sorority. The only three things Chloe Trabucco wants to focus on and excel at. So when she is asked to compete, as a freshman, in the popular Greek dance competition, she couldn't be happier. That is, until she learns Miles is her partner. The same Miles she's had a huge crush on for half of her life, and the same guy who made it clear more than a year ago that he wants nothing to do with her.

Her positivity and patience annoy him. His attitude and anger finally drive her to the breaking point. Can they hit a home run, both on and off the dance floor, or will they go down swinging?
 




*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

I was so pleased when the author of this book reached out to me again, asking me to give the second book in her OVER THE FENCE series a read. If you missed it I gave the first book a read and review a bit ago but  you can give it a look right here.

Back to HITTING TO WIN... 
What's better than a hot broody alpha baseball player? 
Maybe a sweet, charming, gorgeous good guy?
Fortunately for us, we don't have to pick because Carrie Aarons gives us both in HITTING

The first book in the series gave us a tiny glimpse of Chloe's feelings for her unrequited crush on Miles Farriston, but it's the first few pages of this book that truly opens our eyes to Chloe's heart. Chloe is perfect as a character. I truly mean that. I loved her huge heart and her ability to smile even when she felt like crying a lot of the time. She continues to open her heart again and again, even when it seems like Miles is on a personal quest to break her. I loved all of this about her, but it's not my truly favorite thing about Chloe. The moment when she decides enough is enough, the moment when she allows herself to walk away, the moment when she knows that she deserves more...better... yeah that would be my favorite part about Chloe.

But my favorite part about this book is without a doubt Miles. 
As I noted above, Miles gives us a taste of two of the best book boyfriend flavors there are. Broody & Sweet. Alpha & Attentive. Miles under pressure & freed Miles. 
For the pretty much the first half of the book Miles is at a bad spot in his life and because of this he is deliciously mean. Aarons does a fantastic job at carving his character out from the stress and pain so that even while you cringe at his harsh words, you also hurt a bit more for him. Miles has those layers that I so love to see in my characters, and he also has a good heart so that kept me turning the pages faster and faster. I enjoyed the ride that was his journey to claiming his dream and everything that came along with it. 

I was relieved to see that she also continued to mark her characters with the maturity that I noted and loved in her first book. Both Chloe and Miles are stamped with this great quality. While I found the dilemmas predictable, they were never dull. Chloe's big heart and Miles earnest heart to earn her is what made this book stand out from the crowd. 

This book gives us more heat and chemistry than I was expecting and I ended up enjoying this book even more than the first. I'm going to give this one 4 Stars and add a note that I can't wait to see what book 3 brings us!

Both books are available now so you can one-click them right away. 
I hope you enjoy it!

**Also adding Miles onto my book boyfriend list and #MCM nominee pool






No comments:

Post a Comment