Sunday, October 4, 2015

ARC REVIEW... Cam Girl by Leah Raeder

From the USA TODAY bestselling author of Unteachable and Black Iriscomes a new, sexy romantic suspense novel about two best friends who are torn apart by a life-shattering accident…and the secrets left behind.

Vada Bergen is broke, the black sheep of her family, and moving a thousand miles away from home for grad school, but she’s got the two things she loves most: her art and her best friend—and sometimes more—Ellis Carraway. Ellis and Vada have a friendship so consuming it’s hard to tell where one girl ends and the other begins. It’s intense. It’s a little codependent. And nothing can tear them apart.

Until an accident on an icy winter road changes everything.

Vada is left deeply scarred, both emotionally and physically. Her once-promising art career is cut short. And Ellis pulls away, unwilling to talk about that night. Everything Vada loved is gone.

She’s got nothing left to lose.

So when she meets some smooth-talking entrepreneurs who offer to set her up as a cam girl, she can’t say no. All Vada has to do is spend a couple hours each night stripping on webcam, and the “tips” come pouring in.

It’s just a kinky escape from reality until a client gets serious. “Blue” is mysterious, alluring, and more interested in Vada’s life than her body. Online, they chat intimately. Blue helps her heal. And he pays well, but he wants her all to himself. No more cam shows. It’s an easy decision: she’s starting to fall for him. But the steamier it gets, the more she craves the real man behind the keyboard. So Vada pops the question:

Can we meet IRL?

Blue agrees, on one condition. A condition that will bring back a ghost from her past.

Now Vada must confront what she’s been running from. A past full of devastating secrets—those of others and those she’s been keeping from herself…






*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

This was my first time reading anything by Leah Raeder and I have to say the entire thing caught me by surprise. From the very beginning I found the writing to be so beautiful that it didn't take very long for me to realize that I wouldn't be putting this book down until I was done. 
I don't really want to talk about the plot of the book because I feel that the synopsis does a good job at telling you everything you really need to know before you start. What the plot doesn't tell you is that this is the kind of story which will make you walk away and feel affected. 
Vada and Ellis' relationship is what I can only describe is a friendship on fire. I was happy with them, I was hurting with them and overtime I could feel myself feeling so conflicted with them as they fell apart and came together... and fell apart. 
I knew this story was going to be steamy but I didn't fully anticipate how serious it was going to get. I felt like I couldn't stop turning the page as this story had such a strong thread of mystery that was interwoven throughout. 

I enjoyed the journey that Raeder takes us on specifically because it's Vada's journey. It's about her self realization and acceptance more than it's about her discovery (in my opinion) and I'm not sure anything can touch my heart more than someone finding out that its okay to love themselves exactly as they are. 

It was definitely a story that made a mark on my soul. 
Reading the acknowledgements was actually the most emotional part of the story for me. It's in the acknowledgements that I realized the story is what it is because Leah Raeder truly poured her soul onto the pages. 


I am giving Cam Girl 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment