Monday, October 12, 2015

FIVE STAR REVIEW (Ivy Years #5)... The Fifteenth Minute by Sarina Bowen



Freshman Lianne Challice is known to millions of fans as Princess Vindi. But sometimes a silver screen sorceress just wants to hang up her wand, tell her manager to shove it, and become a normal college student. Too bad that’s harder than it looks.

She’s never lived a normal life. She hasn’t been to school since kindergarten. And getting close to anyone is just too risky — the last boy she kissed sold the story to a British tabloid.

But she can’t resist trying to get close to Daniel "DJ" Trevi, the hot, broody guy who spins tunes for hockey games in the arena. There's something haunting his dark eyes and she needs to know more.

DJ's genius is for expressing the mood of the crowd with a ten second song snippet. With just a click and a fade, he can spread hope, pathos or elation among six thousand screaming fans.

Too bad his college career is about to experience the same quick fade-out as one of his songs. He can't get close to Lianne, and he can't tell her why. And the fact that she seems to like him at all? Incredible.




*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

This series is the one that keeps on giving me books to rave about... The Fifteenth Minute not only lives up to its five star predecessors... it brings some serious competition to the game. If you're familiar with the Ivy Series then you'll love this book as an addition. If you're a newcomer to the series, have no fear, The Fifteenth Minute stands perfectly as a standalone. 
Lianne Challice has one of the most recognizable faces on the campus of Harkness College. Her popularity on the film screens however comes with the price of sacrificing friendships and anything remotely close to the normal college experience. Despite the challenge, she's determined to get out more and DJ is certainly an incentive. 
DJ wants to get know the girl Lianne and not the mega star that others refuse to see past. Unfortunately for him it's all the wrong time for him to try to start anything with her when everything else in his life seems to be coming to an end. 

This story is funny and witty and so dang heartwarming I couldn't get enough. I read it through without stopping and when I came to the end... I went back to the beginning and read it again. So far I've read the book three times (yes three) and I can officially say that it is a favorite of mine. 
Sarina has a gift. Everytime I read one of the Ivy Series books I feel like I am transported to the campus, surrounded by the great cast of characters she has supplied. Her characters feel like actual college students, they have fun but they also deal with real issues. But even with the serious conversations that color some of the emotional drama, it never overwhelms the fact that this is indeed a love story.
Lianne was fantastically awkward and completely stole my heart. 
And DJ... DJ. DJ. Can I have DJ? Can we just label him as one of my most favorite book boyfriends of all time. He's undercover sexy in a series that's given us a lot of yummy hockey players and he steals my heart from the beginning of the story. It's not the looks or even the banter (which is phenomenal) but it's the way he feels about Lianne... the way he sees her, especially when she doesn't think he does... that swells my heart. 

I could go on and on but I won't because I want you to go and get this book like right now... 
I'm giving it a huge 5 Stars... a book boyfriend nomination AND a book bestie nomination. 

It releases tomorrow, 10/13/15... so go and check it out and see why I love this series so freaking much!








No comments:

Post a Comment