Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FIVE STAR REVIEW... Surviving Ice by K.A. Tucker






The USA TODAY bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths series and Burying Water—which Kirkus Reviews called “a sexy, romantic, gangster-tinged page-turner”—returns with a new novel packed with romance, plot twists, and psychological suspense.

Ivy, a talented tattoo artist who spent the early part of her twenties on the move, is finally looking for a place to call home. She thinks she might have found it in San Francisco, but all that changes when she witnesses a terrible crime. She’s ready to pack up her things yet again, when a random encounter with a stranger keeps her in the city, giving her reason to stay after all.

That is, until Ivy discovers that their encounter wasn’t random. Not at all…






*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*


This Book Nerd Says: 

Wow. 5 Stars.
I knew walking into this book that I was going to need to make sure I had enough time to read it start to finish because if the previous books were any indication of what Surviving Ice was about to bring, I wouldn't be able to put it down. 
And I didn't. 
Even though we got a peek of Ivy in BURYING WATER, we really don't get to peek at her layers until Chasing River. My interest was definitely peeked and thus I was already thrilled to get her story. I'm keeping this spoiler free... so read on with no worries.
Ivy is a drifter. She's content with traveling the world free of any commitment. She carries the same approach when it comes to most everything else in her life...
She begins to think that maybe putting down roots won't be so bad but then she witnesses something that she can't forget, it readies her to pack her bags and get ready to leave it all behind again. 
That was the plan. And it all changes when the mysterious stranger appears requesting a tattoo.  A random meeting that is anything but random.
Ivy and Sebastian are two perfectly intricate characters. I am purposely using intricate rather than complicated because they're simply not. Nothing about their character screams 'damaged', instead pointing to them just having character. I loved them both so much and I don't think I can even begin to pick a favorite between the two of them... okay I could and it would be Ivy. Her independence is unapologetic and my favorite thing about her, but the peeks at her vulnerability is what seals the deal and makes her real
But Sebastian is... Sebastian. Please let me tell you that he is so deliciously protective and alpha that it's quite impossible to not fall for him. He's so mysterious its sexy but when his revelations come, they're downright beautiful. 

Surviving Ice has all the page-turner suspense as the prior books and carries along with it the maturity of a true contemporary book, and all the ear to ear smiling of a heart swelling romance, making it another trifecta of greatness. 

I wish I could perfectly explain how I feel about this entire series, but I know I'd fail. This entire series by K.A. Tucker seems to be a gift that kept on giving. From Burying Water straight through to Chasing River this series kept getting 5+ Stars from me and I'll be one of the first to tell you that SURVIVING ICE brings the same magical grip of suspense that the series is full of. 
Each book is definitively unique with individual tones and stories but somehow they are perfectly intertwined to give us the gift that is this series. It's been (and will remain) a favorite set of mine and while it's bittersweet to see it come to its grand finale, I have a strong confidence that Tucker is going to reel us in with whatever she gives us next and I'll be back here telling you all how she's blown my mind yet again. 

Until then... 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment