Wednesday, January 20, 2016

FIVE STAR REVIEW... Behind Her Smile by Olivia Luck





David and Karolina Morgan have the perfect marriage. He runs a financial empire catering to Miami's most influential and she is the darling socialite, adored by her husband and all those that meet her.

But underneath the lavish home, expensive car and exquisite jewelry lies a darkness threatening to consume Karolina. The once vivacious fashion design student has become a shadow of herself at the hands of her manipulative husband.

Then, with the flick of a power switch, everything changes. Karolina must learn to fight back when she discovers her entire existence is one big sham, with dire consequences
 









This Book Nerd Says: 

Five years ago Karolina met two men. One was an angel... the other, a devil. But both men would change her life in unimaginable ways. 
You know those stories that capture your attention and refuse to let your interest go until well after you read the ending words? Well this was one of those books for me. 
It's heavy and dark at times but the constant presence of a light of hope laying just beyond the next page kept me turning... kept me on the edge of my seat. 

Appearances are deceiving and we soon realize that Karolina's life is far from the perfect facade that the Miami elite perceives. Alternating seamlessly between past and present we get a good amount of how Karolina got here... and how she was going to get out.

Of course, where there's a villain there's a hero... but I can't spoil all the fun. You'll have to read and find out for yourself... but I will say that I enjoy the hero a whole lot... like 5 star a lot. 

What I enjoyed even more than the hero was the growth of determination that Karolina had. I loved the grip she had on her dreams and the fact that she she found herself chasing them down despite the setbacks and push backs that she experienced. 
The second chance friendship was an emotional dark horse for me... watching Karolina develop a genuine friendship was just as important as her getting a chance to really experience a genuine and loving romantic relationship. 

I could say more but I won't because I think that this is one of those 'less is more' books, the less you know the more you'll enjoy it. 
I am giving Behind Her Smile... 5 Stars!

Check it out and let me know how you enjoyed it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment