Friday, May 27, 2016

FIVE STAR ARC REVIEW... Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen




If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the orchard.

The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago. 

At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.

Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.

They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.






This Book Nerd Says: 

Typically when it comes to reading Sarina's books I devour them in one sitting: Bittersweet was a bit different. Instead of reading it all in one go, I was forced to take my time with it (adulting *sigh*) and I must say I'm glad I did. 
Taking this book bit by bit allowed me to spend time with these characters a bit longer... my anticipation for the next reading session tripling when I realized I'd get to spend some more time with Griffin and Audrey. 

As a Sarina Bowen self proclaimed fangirl I'm pretty sure I've said it before but I'm going to say it again anyway. Her stories stand out in the genre because she crafts her characters so beautifully. Audrey, for instance, is smart, funny, driven, and the girl you want to hang out with (while she cooks and you eat). She holds her own in more ways than one. Her character layers are perfection and I adored seeing it all come together and play out on the pages. 

And then there's Griffin... 
My heart. 
I'll let you in on a little not-so-secret of mine: when it comes to book boyfriends I always prefer the sweetheart character. Griffin meets all my wants and needs and then some. A farmer who is passionate about his work and his family, Griffin had me hooked from beginning to end.  Physically gorgeous, the sexiest thing about Griffin is how he takes care of those around him. EXTREME SEXY MAN AHEAD... 

My love for Audrey and Griffin aside, they are also supported by a fantastic cast of characters. Smitten and intrigued by each and every one of them I savored their contributions to this story while my eagerness for the future books in the series to give me more. 
Bittersweet left my mouth watering and gave me a strong feeling of wanderlust... destination Vermont. The beauty and essence of these farms was perfectly captured by someone who evidently is not only familiar with it but has a passion for the culture that Vermont offers. 
The first book in what I'm convinced will be my new favorite series I can't give Bittersweet anything other 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment