Tuesday, July 12, 2016

RELEASE DAY 5 Star Review... STEADFAST by Sarina Bowen



She’s the only one who ever loved him—and the only one he can never have.

Jude lost everything one spring day when he crashed his car into an apple tree on the side of the road. A man is dead, and there's no way he can ever right that wrong. He’d steer clear of Colebury, Vermont forever if he could. But an ex-con in recovery for his drug addiction can’t find a job just anywhere.

For Sophie Haines, coming face to face with the man who broke her heart is gut-wrenching. Suddenly, he’s everywhere she turns. It’s hard not to stare at how much he’s changed. The bad boy who used to love her didn’t have big biceps and sun-kissed hair. And he’d never turn up volunteer in the church kitchen.

She knows it’s foolish to yearn for the man who returned all the heartsick letters she wrote him in prison. But the looks he sends her now speak volumes.

No one wants to see Sophie and Jude back together, least of all Sophie's police chief father. But it's a small town. And forbidden love is a law unto itself.



Now Available for purchase!!



*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This Book Nerd Says: 

I swear every time I read a new release from Sarina Bowen I feel like I'm just left in awe that she went and did it again. Every time I think she's written my favorite characters... she goes and writes new favorites. But STEADFAST blew all my expectations out of the water. 
I fell in love with what we saw of Jude in the first book (Bittersweet) but Steadfast gives us a clear view into his heart and soul and folks... I'm in love

A poignantly realistic twist on a forbidden love/second chance mash up story, STEADFAST tackles a heavy topic in a smooth and gracious way. His pain is palpable and I found myself on the edge rooting more and more for him with each turn of the page. More than just a tale of recovery and redemption, there is the bright light of hope that shines forth from the very core of the story. There was never a point where it was ever too much... only many points when I didn't want to put it down for a second because I had to make sure Jude was okay. 

Jude is amazing but he isn't the only one. 
Sophie matches him toe to toe. She's strong, intelligent, and in love. It's a fierce combination that proves a great foundation for their love story. She doesn't expect superhuman perfection and her ability to transcend to forgiveness Jude's shortcomings even without full understanding is a standout character feature that I enjoyed immensely. 

Sarina made me believe in their love time and again while reading this book. But that's not anything new. I fell in love with her writing style long before this book but STEADFAST is a prime example of why. Her characters will creep into your heart and stay there for a long time so walk into this one ready to love... 

I'm giving STEADFAST... FIVE STARS!!
I mean Jude is my second favorite Sarina book boyfriends after all. 


Happy Reading!!



No comments:

Post a Comment